Last updated: 28 May 2021
Account means a unique account created for you to access your service or parts of your service.
Company "We", "Us" or "Our" refers to Alpine Instruments, 133 Montclair road, Montclair, 4004
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer.
Country refers to South Africa Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the company.
Website refers to www.alpineinstruments.co.za.
Collecting and using your personal data:
Types of data collected:
Personal data: May include, but is not limited to:
• Email address
• First name and last name
• Phone number
• Address, Province, Postal code, City
• Usage data (usage data is collected automatically when using the service)
Information from third-party Social media services
If you decide to register through or otherwise grant access to a third-party social media service, we may collect personal data that is already associated with your account.
Additional information you provide to us in the course of your use of the platform, register for an account and providing the service requested such as interests in products, subscription preferences, personal preferences, profile information, comments, opinions, credit card and other payment information.
Electronic identification data and information collected by the communications systems, IT applications and website browser such as information technology usage (system access, IT and internet usage), device identifier (mobile device, IP address, browser type, browser settings, time and URL accessed, cookies), registration and login credentials, login data and log files, analytics ID, searches, website registrations and sound recording.
Tracking technologies and cookies:
• Cookies or browser cookies
• Flash cookies
• Web beacons
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential cookies
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and to prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the service that you asked for cannot be provided.
These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when on the website.
Use of your personal data:
The company may use personal data for the following purposes:
• To provide and maintain our service.
• To manage your account.
• For the performance of a contract: The development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services.
• To contact you: To contact you by e-mail, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication.
• To provide you with general information about goods or special offers.
• To manage your requests
• For business transfers.
• For other purposes such as data analysis, identifying usage trends and to evaluate and improve our services and products
We may share your personal information in the following situations
• With service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service, to contact you.
• With business partners.
• With other users. When you share personal information, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or register through a third party social media service , your contacts may see your name, profile, pictures and description of your activity.
• With your consent, we may disclose your personal information.
Retention of your personal data
Transfer of your personal data
Disclosure of your personal data
If the company is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your personal data may be transferred.
Under certain circumstances, the company may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law
Other legal requirements
The company may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• Comply with a legal obligation
• Protect and defend the rights or property of the company
• Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the service
• Protect against legal liability.
Security of your personal data
The security of your personal data is important to us, but no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic transfer is 100% secure. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to other websites